What Does It Mean to Be On Probation?
Students who are on probation have an official UWO grade point average of less than 2.0 and are in poor academic standing with the college. Probation is designed to serve as a warning that some things need to change.
What’s the Difference Between PRO 1, PRO 2 & PRO 3?
To see the Registrar’s complete Academic Standing Levels (Not in Good Standing), click here.
There is a difference between PRO 1 and PRO 2 academic standings.
What Do I Do If I Am On Probation?
Repeat coursework at UW Oshkosh.
- University policy allows for repeats of grades lower than a C without an appeal. The repeat policy is available online.
Enroll in one or more of the following courses.
- Academic Recovery (Academic Skills 115): Identify and overcome personal barriers to academic success, learn and apply the strategies and skills necessary to restore academic standing and self-confidence, and practice self-monitoring strategies to facilitate successful independent learning.
- Study Skills (Academic Skills 125): Learn techniques to increase effectiveness in the areas of textbook study, lecture notes, time management, memory, test taking, and vocabulary.
- Reading Strategies (Academic Skills 169): Focus on comprehending nonfiction, strengthening study reading techniques, improving vocabulary, and increasing reading rate in difficult material.
- Academic and Career Exploration (Professional Counseling 201): Recommended for all students who are undecided about a major or career choice.
Utilize your resources.
- Career Services (125 Student Success Center)
- Center for Academic Resources (102 Student Success Center)
- Counseling Center (240 Student Success Center)
- Math Lab (113 Swart Hall or 301 Swart Hall for remedial math)
- Reading Study Center (201 Nursing/Education Building)
- Writing Center (102 Student Success Center)
Reduce your credit load, work schedule, and/or student involvement.
Attend all class sessions, and work closely with instructors. e.g. utilize office hours.
What Happens If I Don’t Raise My GPA Above the 2.0 Mark?
If you are on PRO 2, you will be suspended. Please refer to the Appeal Process page for more information on academic suspension.
If you are on PRO 3, you will be suspended. Please refer to the Appeal Process page for more information on academic suspension.
How I Got From Probation to Graduation
For closed captioning on either video, click on the “CC” box on the bottom right of the video.
To read the University’s Probation Policy, click here.