See an Advisor
Meeting a UARC Advisor
You are expected to meet with an advisor in a scheduled appointment at least once each semester. The UARC also offers drop-in service.
Have a quick question? Visit the UARC during our weekly drop-in hours. Drop-ins are meant for brief conversations (5-10 min). Students are seen on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Prerequisite errors or advisor signatures
- Check over or change schedule, graduation check
- UW online course
- General transfer questions
Advising appointments are available 9am-4pm M-F (24 hour notice). We recommend you set up an appointment with your advisor two to four weeks before your registration date.
Reasons to to schedule an appointment:
- Choose/change your major or minor
- Academic plans: semester/graduation plans
- Academic issues: appeals, late add/drop, repeat, probation.
- Apply to a professional college, major or program
Forgot your NetID or Password? Contact IT! (920) 424-3020 firstname.lastname@example.org
Self-scheduling only allows students to schedule an ON CAMPUS appointment with their ASSIGNED ADVISOR. You should contact our office directly by calling 920-424-1268 or visiting SSC 202 instead of using self-scheduling, if one of the following situations applies to you:
- You have a faculty advisor or an SSS advisor. They may not have availability set up. Contact them directly (not the UARC).
- You are changing your major. You should meet with the advisor for the new major.
- Your advisor is on leave.
- You are an online student.
- Whenever you cannot see any available appointment times.
Click here for PDF instructions to schedule your appointment
Watch the video on how to self-schedule your appointment
If you are not able to come to campus for an appointment, please contact our office directly by calling 920-424-1268 or visiting Student Success Center 202 instead of using self-scheduling, The PALs at the front desk will be happy to schedule a phone or virtual appointment for online students.
Some departments and programs hold group advising each semester to provide students with general information regarding the degree/major/program. If group advising applies to you, you will receive an email invitation to sign up. Stay tuned and check your emails!