See an Advisor
Meeting a UARC Advisor
You are expected to meet with an advisor in a scheduled appointment at least once each semester. The UARC also offers drop-in service.
Have a quick question? Visit the UARC during our weekly drop-in hours. Drop-ins are meant for brief conversations (5-10 min). Students are seen on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Prerequisite errors or advisor signatures
- Check over or change schedule, graduation check
- UW online course
- General transfer questions
Advising appointments are available 9am-4pm M-F (24 hour notice). We recommend you set up an appointment with your advisor two to four weeks before your registration date.
Reasons to to schedule an appointment:
- Choose/change your major or minor
- Academic plans: semester/graduation plans
- Academic issues: appeals, late add/drop, repeat, probation.
- Apply to a professional college, major or program
Forgot your NetID or Password? Contact IT! (920) 424-3020 email@example.com
Self-scheduling only allows students to schedule an ON CAMPUS appointment with their ASSIGNED ADVISOR. You should contact our office directly by calling 920-424-1268 or visiting SSC 202 instead of using self-scheduling, if one of the following situations applies to you:
- You have a faculty advisor or an SSS advisor. They may not have availability set up. Contact them directly (not the UARC).
- You are changing your major. You should meet with the advisor for the new major.
- Your advisor is on leave.
- You are an online student.
- Whenever you cannot see any available appointment times.
Click here for PDF instructions to schedule your appointment
Watch the video on how to self-schedule your appointment
If you are not able to come to campus for an appointment, please contact our office directly by calling 920-424-1268 or visiting Student Success Center 202 instead of using self-scheduling, The PALs at the front desk will be happy to schedule a phone or virtual appointment for online students.
Find and Read Your Advising Reports
Some departments and programs hold group advising each semester to provide students with general information regarding the degree/major/program. If group advising applies to you, you will receive an email invitation to sign up. Stay tuned and check your emails!